Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Fresh Start

Finally!!!
I know it has been a very long time since I let you peek into the lovely life of Miss Leightyn. When I first started this blog it was my goal to do the 30 posts in 30 days for Down syndrome Awareness Month. With that being said I felt like I NEEDED to include Down syndrome somehow in every post I made. I had visions of The Little Leightyn Love Bug Project, which focused on helping families who received a new diagnosis. I quickly realized I did not have something insightful about Down syndrome specifically to post every day, so I just stopped trying. You see Leightyn may have Down syndrome but it most definitely does not define her. It is only the tinniest portion of her being. I am turning over a new leaf with our blog and I know it will be even better. With this fresh start I can write more freely and you will see the love I have not only for my princess but for life itself! It would be impossible to keep Down syndrome from being a part of this story but it most definitely will not be the focus. We truly make the most out of every single day and I hope we can encourage you to do the same. I look forward to sharing our life with you all again soon. I hope to be able to catch you all up on Leightyns progress as well as all the adventures we have had since getting settled here in Cincinnati. So please stay tuned :)
I leave you with this!! ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful new start/post! I agree with you about Leighton being a person first, and that Ds is only a small part of who she is. She's getting so big now! And as beautiful as ever! Welcome back. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable can she be? So delicious!

    ReplyDelete