Friday, October 2, 2009

Leightyn Crawls!!!!

Today is my 25th Birthday and I do not think I could have received a better present from Leightyn. We have never really worked on the motions of crawling, so far mostly the strength building so she could get on all fours. At therapy this morning her PT was working with her on using one leg at a time to move forward. I sat on the floor in front of them holding a pinwheel and her therapist alternated bending a leg and letting Leightyn push off of it. She was able to get all the way to me doing this and seemed very proud of herself for doing it. Her therapist asked her to please say mamamama for me today, her current vocabulary consists of raspberries and dadadadad! Leightyn decided to do something even better! When we got home this afternoon she saw a small piece of paper on the floor and I could see she had her eye on it. I watched in awe as she popped up onto all fours and lunged forward as I was heading over to grab it before she could. I was stopped in my tracks as she did this several more times until she had the prize in her hands!! I am so proud of my baby girl! I had to fight back the tears, I have the utmost faith in Leightyn and her abilities and I know she will meet every milestone on her own time, but I am so glad she picked today for this one. At the DSACO meeting on Monday the father of one of the younger kids was watching Leightyn play on the floor and wiggle and he said he hopes that his daughter is doing as much as Leightyn when she is that age. It really touched me for some reason, maybe because I have had that same hope for Leightyn when seeing the other children at the monthly meetings, events, and reading the blogs I follow. As they reach each milestone and accomplishment they are just one step closer to the next! Leightyn has always done well with new skills after we help her figure out what to do with her body she is quick to pick up on it, watch out world! Time to really get on that baby proofing! So she cant make a liar out of me by not showing off when everyone else is around here is a video we got of her after Daddy's remote, Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment