Sunday, October 18, 2009

Starting The Love Bug Project!

This project has taken off so quickly and not without a ton of help from some great friends new and old. Many of the items we will be including were donated from my friends at Wish Upon A Hero! This site is such an amazing place and serves as my daily reminder that there really are good people in this world. This is a site where people can come to make as well as grant wishes. Their motto is "No wish too Big, No hero too small"! I encourage anyone and everyone to check it out, make a wish, and grant a few. People wish for everything and anything both wants and needs. I really loved volunteering and when Leightyn was born I just didn't have the time or connections to do as much of it as I would like. Through this website I have been able to choose when and how to give back and it just gives you that good feeling and often has me in tears (happy sad tears). I have been able to provide a prom dress for a girl in Kentucky, a box of gifts and decor for a little girls 1st birthday, a crib set for a baby boy in Texas with a heart condition, and many many other smaller wishes like birthday cards, stickers, and other little pick me ups! I made a wish on the site for items to include in the tote bags we are making for The Love Bug Project and was so overwhelmed by the response. Thanks to my WUAH angels we have adorable customized totes, journals, blankets, hats, snacks, tea, and a copy of 4 different books and that is just the beginning! These lovely heroes encouraged me to seek donations and items elsewhere which has brought an amazing outpouring of love and support beyond my wildest dreams. I am so excited to be able to offer up these beautiful bags later this month. Still more details and pictures coming this week! To all of my sponsors, Thank You Thank You Thank You! This is just one small way for my family to provide hope and encouragement to family's in the early days of receiving a diagnosis of Down Syndrome. I can only help it will help shed a positive light on their thoughts and expectations for their loved ones future!

No comments:

Post a Comment