Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Show!!


Fall is one of my favorite times of the year! Of course I take any opportunity I can to show off my little cutie. The Pumpkin Show is a local carnival and is a huge deal where I grew up. It is the one time of the year everyone is back in town to see old friends and of course eat all the yummy fair food. Last week on Thursday evening we went for dinner, On the Menu : Fried Veggies, Italian Sausage, and my all time fave Pumpkin Pizza!! I dressed Leightyn in a little pumpkin bunting I found at a yard sale this summer for 50 cents new with tags! I was so excited it still fit considering it was 3-6 Month size and she is almost a year old lol! One of the benefits that comes along with the DS and Heart Condition I guess, she is still my tiny baby, although each day I cannot believe how big she is getting, that is until someone with a "typical" child her age reminds me how small she is still! Everyone kept saying "Aww look at that little pumpkin", she was ADORABLE!! It felt good to get out and about especially since we will be pretty much confined to the house now flu season is here and the H1N1 is spreading like mad. We debated even having her out at the Pumpkin Show but I guess you cant live life in a complete bubble. I got me thinking back to last winter when Leightyn was not allowed out in public places and not even allowed around family or close friends unless they had received a flu shot. Even then we had to bombard them with sanitizer and hand washing requests when they came to the door, Dr's orders!! It was so hard since one of us had to be home with Leightyn at all times, meaning all jobs and errands were run by one parent or the other. You know you need to get out more when you and your husband are fighting over who's turn it is to go to the grocery store, trust me it happened! Although Leightyn has had her heart surgery and we do not need to be as cautious as last flu season, we will still be on high alert and need to take extra precaution. Thankfully that will not include $1500 Monthly shots this time around, as we were cleared by cardio to not receive Synagis for Leightyn this year. We did all get our flu shots last month and are waiting for the H1N1 vaccine to be widely available. Here's hoping for a healthy winter for our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment